Be Independent is an initiative promoted by The Square in conjunction with Surrey Heath Borough Council and key external parties, that aims to encourage local entrepreneurs to take their businesses to an established retail environment. We know how hard it is to take the next step so we are offering the opportunity to trade in The Square for 6 months for free.
Want to know more about retail? See our Retail Fact sheet here.
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Applicants must have an established retail business to participate.
3. Closing date for the campaign 15th September 2019.
4. Businesses can apply together.
5. No cash alternative.
6. Applicants must be 16 years old or older.
7. Employees from The Square or partnered organisations, as well as agents, families or anyone professionally connected to the campaign cannot enter it.
8. Applicants need to prove they are eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
9. No alcoholic products can be sold.
10. Successful applicants can only trade in The Square if their business and goods are traded within accordance of the below regulations: a. The Trade Descriptions Act 1968, b. The Sales and Supply of Goods Act 1994, c. The Consumer Protection Act 1987. d. The General Product Safety Regulations 2005. e. The Price Making Order 2004. f. The Consumer Transactions Order 1975.
11. Successful applicants will get 6 months rent and business rates free trading from a unit in The Square.
12. Successful applicants might have to share a unit.
13. Successful applicants will be announced in October.
14. Free trading will occur between November 2019 and April 2020.
15. Successful applicants will have to provide Public Liability Insurance up to the value of £2 million.
16. They will be required to fill out a licence provided by The Square. This is a contract between the successful applicants and The Square.
Promoter: The Square Camberley.
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting it. The information you provide is only used to enable us to deliver the services you have requested and will be stored securely.
For further information please look at the Privacy Notice on our website.